Guild Announcements

 

Guild Announcements:

The website has been redesigned to make it easier to view on phones and tablets. Here is the 2023/24 Season Schedule

Visit us on Facebook at Desert Sage Spinners & Weavers.


If you are new to weaving or unfamiliar with some terms, the sites Weave Structures and Plain Weave Variations will help.
I like this article on 
Mixing Twills for its practical learning.


Posts are published by event date so look for them by visiting the Archives to the right or Older Posts after the last displayed post.
To return to our Home page at any time, just 
CLICK HEREEnjoy and thank you for visiting!

 
           “We gratefully acknowledge the support of the Oliver Community Arts Council”

         _____________________________________________________________________

Monday 25 February 2013

Activities at the Guild on Thursday



Darlene making lacy flowers with a gadget I'd never seen before. She's one of our guild gals who seems to be crafting different things from one week to the next.  Enjoyed the huge bright green dragon, the little dolls, your handmade cards.....

Has anyone in our guild used a sock knitting machine or know of someone in the central okanagan who does?  An older friend of mine inherited this 100 yr old machine, gave it to me and told me when I figured out how to use it she'd like me to teach her.  So last Saturday I made a trip to Anne Carmichael's at Salmon Arm who knits up yards and yards of socks on her 100+ yr old machine.  She tried this machine, told me it was capable of knitting socks and that one had to keep at it, adjusting tension, trying over and over until you finally figure it out.  Anne was a vendor at our Fibre Festival last fall and had piles of beautiful machine knit socks for sale.  I bought a pair and love them.  I really enjoyed my afternoon with Anne but Salmon Arm is a long hike so I would like to connect with someone closer.  If anyone knows someone closer who is a machine sock knitter please e-mail me mack-sylvester@shaw.ca  I will knit a sock on this darn thing and probably not know my own name when I'm done and wearing them.

Once a month is soup day. 

Smells sooooo good!  And we line up and come back for seconds.  Let's never, ever give up soup day.  All of this for $3.00. 

Karen and Ewa having fun! 

No comments:

Post a Comment